This is a great tasting and easy slaw recipe. You can likely find most of these ingredients at your local farmer’s market or CSA. Cabbage, cilantro, peppers, carrots, radishes and scallions are all in season this summer!
- 1 half cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3-4 medium radishes, sliced thinly
- 3-4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 papaya or 1 large mango
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of prepared sofrito (or add chopped cilantro, 2-3 cloves of garlic and chopped onion)
- 1 tsp ginger root (ground or fresh)
- juice of 2-3 limes
- salt, to taste
Shred the cabbage and carrots.
Slice the peppers, scallions, radishes and fruit into bite-sized pieces.
In a small bowl mix olive oil, lime juice, sofrito, and salt to make dressing.
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.