This is a yummy salad that I have made a few times since enjoying at a restaurant in Manhattan…I paid over $8 for it and at the time it seemed worth it– especially as a healthy alternative to pizza… But with my family’s budget and the economy the way that it is I was compelled to make my own version. We’ve had it as a side with broiled fish and roasted potatoes or it is great meal on its own. It is really easy to make, healthy and satisfying too. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what variations you try.
- 1/4- 1/3 lb. mixed baby greens
- 1 apple (I like Honey Crisp)
- 1/3 c. dried cherries (or cranberries)
- 1/3 c. slivered almonds (or walnuts)
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 oz of soft (or crumbled) goat cheese
In a large bowl add the goat cheese, berries, nuts, oil and vinegar and stir. The vinegar, oil and cheese should mix together to create a creamy dressing. Last, add the greens and toss. So easy and so good!